We finally have someone who can see the light at the end of the pandemic.
• The easily shamed will never learn.
• The problem with government of the people, by the people, and for the people, is the people.
• All days seems strange when you are living them. Eventually we will see the humor because in the end, everything is a joke.
• On the road to herd immunity, expect a stampede, or two.
• A smart person knows what to say. A wise person nows whether to say it or not.
• Times change, the complaints remain the same.
• You can't wake a person pretending to be asleep.
• Whoever said one person can't change the world never ate an undercooked bat.
• It's a slow process, but quitting won't speed it up.
• Your struggle is your strength. Your struggles will give you everything.
• There is a fine line between telling the truth and being a pendejo.
• If drunkards had wings the sky would be cloudy all day.
• The tiger and lion may be more powerful, but the wolf doesn't perform in the circus.
• A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.
• When the secular wins there are less rules to break and, therefore, no more thrills to gain.
• Love lays down rules it delights in breaking.
Other lessons are beginning to emerge. We merely have to pay attention. Here's what we know so far:
• Google has seen an increase in the search for "What day is it?"
• Alcohol sales have spiked 55% since late March.
• Quarantiners have created a new drink, called the Quarantini, which is a mix of vodka and Emergen-C, which is an effervescent powdered vitamin C supplement, thought to fend off Covid-19.
• A suggestion has been made that when this quarantine is over, we not tell certain people.
• We are turning into dogs. We get really excited about going for walks and riding in cars.
The State of Print
• True West magazine has maintained pre-Covid salaries and everyone is working remotely.
"Don't wish it was easier, wish you were better. Don't wish for less problems, wish for more skills. Don't wish for less challenges, wish for more wisdom. The major value in life is not what you get. The major value in life is what you become."
—Jim Rhon, via Wonderful Russ